denon dvd 2800mk2

tahirti3

Prominent Member
Reaction score
finally found a mk2 2800.dealer did firmware change and said it will enable pal progressive.took the unit home and found that pp not only did not work,it would not even output a normal componant signal,until i turned off progressive in the menu off the 2800.ntsc progressive is fine but cant be bothered with changing dvd settings.i just watch all films via componant.
denon supplied the firmware to the dealer!
they should be ashamed of themselves.

Hi,

I have also a Denon 2800 MK-2 but I am not able to display PAL using the component-video output at all.

I have only a region free update not a PAL progressive update.

As I understand you were able to play a PAL dvd on the Denon 2800 MK-2 using only the component-video lead?

Can you please confirm this for me as this would be of great use to me. When I try to play a PAL dvd to screen goes black, NTSC works fine.

Thanks!

Edwin

Originally posted by EdwinB
I have also a Denon 2800 MK-2 but I am not able to display PAL using the component-video output at all.
As I understand you were able to play a PAL dvd on the Denon 2800 MK-2 using only the component-video lead?
Can you please confirm this for me as this would be of great use to me. When I try to play a PAL dvd to screen goes black, NTSC works fine.

In Set Up menu have you selected PAL, NTSC or MULTI ? Interlaced not Progressive ?
2800 Mk2 definitely will play PAL through component video outputs if above items appropriate in menu.

My setup is as follows:

MULTI, but I tried also PAL and NTSC but it makes no difference (well, when NTSC is selected PAL is converted to NTSC and then it is displayed but it looks not that good).

Selecting progressive or interlaced does not make any difference.

Using a SCART (RGB) lead everything works fine.

So, if I understand correctly the Denon 2800 MK-2 should be able to play PAL (interlaced) over the component-video lead?

If so, then there's something wrong with my dvd-player or screen.

Thanks,

Edwin

Using a SCART (RGB) lead everything works fine.
So, if I understand correctly the Denon 2800 MK-2 should be able to play PAL (interlaced) over the component-video lead?
/QUOTE]

Edwin,
In Set Up menu have you selected AV output as composite or S-Video instead of RGB ?
What display device are you using ? Is there a menu option to select PAL or NTSC input ?

gringottsdirect,

In the Denon setup menu I selected RGB. To my best knowledge this has to do with the Scart connection, not the component-video connection. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am using a Panasonic 42PW5 plasma-screen with a PT600 tuner.

When using the component-video input on the plasma I cannot choose a "colour system", this setting is not available.

markbuffyfan,

What firmware upgrade ae you refering to?

Try turning your SCART output just to video. On the 3800 it is not happy putting out component AND RGB at the same time.

Regards,
Ian Guinan

gringottsdirect,
In the Denon setup menu I selected RGB. To my best knowledge this has to do with the Scart connection, not the component-video connection. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I am using a Panasonic 42PW5 plasma-screen with a PT600 tuner.
markbuffyfan,
What firmware upgrade ae you refering to?
The player cannot usually provide RGB to Scart AV at the same time as component video output, you should find if you change Scart AV setting to S-Video or Composite it will work.
Have you selected Progressive Mode using your Panasonic Plasma remote, try another...
Mark Buffy Fan probably won't mind my answering regarding the firmware upgrade, Denon are ( allegedly ) working on enabling Pal - Progressive output on your player, as Mark One was capable. This is not an issue for your present problem, I think he was replying to a post above us :cool: .

Problem is solved :)

A combination of settings on the dvd-player was indeed the cause of PAL failing over component-video. After setting both "interlaced" and "s-video output" for the scart connector (????) I was able to play PAL dvd's over the component lead.

Everybody thanks for their input!

Edwin

glad its sorted but was not the reason for the upgrade to get pal prog ? Is this working ok ??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom