1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD-2800 vs Pioneer DV-737

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Weiman, Feb 26, 2001.

1. Weiman

Weiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to get a Sanyo PLV-30 and of course I want a progressive scan player to hook up to the component input. I know the Denon DVD-2800 isn't available in Europe yet, but how do you think it will compare to the Pioneer DV-737? It should cost about the same, and has some extra features such as MP3 and HDCD decoding compared to the Pioneer. Here is a pdf with some info:
    http://del.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/DVD2800LIT.pdf

/Johannes

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I would go for the Pioneer all the way. Pioneer seem to have a knack of producing high quality DVD players and the 737 is no exception, just read the review on this site!

As for the Denon, well they seem to have had some troubles in the past with lip sync and the 2800 is not getting very good reviews over at www.audioreview.com (please dont flame me for mentioning another site).

Anyway make sure you check out both players running a progressive scan disc before you purchase either.