1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD 2800 - problems with component output

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by markfraser, Apr 17, 2004.

1. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, let me firstly say that I have very little knowledge on this area, so some of this may sound really stupid, but I really need to get to the botom of this problem.

I just bought a Loewe Mimo 32 and want to connect my existing Denon DVD 2800 using the component connection (previously I used the Scart for a RGB output to my old TV) So, I have a lead from the component connections on the DVD player to the AV3 Scart on the TV - it can accept a component connection on this socket only. As fas as I can make out, I have also 'told' the TV to expect this type of input on AV3. However, I get nothing on the TV - no signal at all, unless I tell the DVD player to output Progressive Scan. When I do this, I get a dodgy green/blue double picture which is no use but after trying many, many combinations, it's the only time I have ever got a picture so far.

Now, it may be my ignorance but I thought that you could use component for outputing in interlaced mode and that the TV would happily detect this but I am beginning to think that the DVD player only uses the component output when in PS mode, and becasue my TV can't handle PS, it doesn't work. Could I be correct, or am I missing something more obvious, or something more technical perhaps?

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have a Loewe TV and previously had a Denon DVD-2800.
    You are aware that your Denon's Scart Output has to be altered in the menu settings to output other than RGB ( i.e. composite or S-video ) to enable interlaced output through the Component Video Outputs ? :)

3. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    really?
    What's the Scart output got to do with it?
    Well, anyway, I'm going to try that right now.
    Thanks very much taking the time to post a reply.

4. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It works!
    I'm so chuffed.

Thanks again.

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect