Denon Dvd 2200

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wayneb, Aug 31, 2004.

1. wayneb

wayneb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just received a gold Denon DVD 2200 today bought from Peter Tyson for £390 inc. delivery. The colour doesn't look right with my TV, I thought it was going to look OK but it just looks out of place. Would anyone be interested in buying it for as close to what I paid as possible? There's nothing wrong with it (wish there was then I could send it back) but it's been opened now so I can't return it without a fault.

Let me know if anyone's interested, obviously it's got the full warranty & receipt etc.

Thanks,
    Wayne.

2. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Wayne - if it is 'as new' with all packaging etc then you may be entitled to return it within 7 days of purchase under the UK Distance Selling Regulations if you bought it mail order of via interweb. Check Peter Tyson's website for details of whether they have any details of this in their terms. Even if they do not you are entitled to do this - its designed to give you additional rights for exactly the reason you do not want it - because you have been unable to inspect it, touch it, see it working etc in a shop. HTH.

3. thekingbeyond

thekingbeyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +348
    Have you bought it over the internet/ mail order if so you have a legal right under the distance selling rules to return the item whether faulty or not.Also they cant legaly charge you a restocking fee.I think you have to reurn the item with in seven days but you should be ok

4. thekingbeyond

thekingbeyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +348
    crossed posts :thumbsup:

5. wayneb

wayneb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your speedy replies people .... the only problem is that it's been opened, here's what it says on the site:

---------------------

Current legislation gives you the right to cancel the sale from up to 7 working days from receipt of the goods, without penalty and without giving a reason. The following details would have to be complied with:

1. Cancellation to be in writing.
    2. The goods must not have been unpacked or used.
    3. The goods must not be damaged or soiled in any way.
    4. Goods must be in their original packaging.
    5. The cost of returning the goods would be at your expense.
    6. The goods must arrive back undamaged. Please consider insuring the goods before despatch.
    7. A refund would be given only when we have received the goods and the above
    points (1 - 4 ) have been complied with.
    7. Special orders or customised items can not be returned.
    9. Variations to these conditions may apply - subject to mutual agreement.

Revised 3rd February 2004

6. wayneb

wayneb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had an after thought if they won't agree to refund me ... I would just swap for silver which I'm sure they'd be more keen on doing than refunding me but they don't do silver. I may be able to twist their arm by offerring to take £380 credit & put it towards the Evo 3B package which is only £699 (pretty good price I thought!!!)

I'll call them tommorrow ... is there any official stuff on the web about legislation rights that I may be able to use as backup?

7. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,033
    [mod comment] - wayneb, welcome to the classified section. Can I ask you to read the rules as any item for sale must have a price. Also, as this item is not for sale, I'm transferring the thread to the DVD section as its now general discussion. Thanks, UrbanT

8. wayneb

wayneb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah OK ... sorry, where's the rules?

It was & may still be for sale though, I'll see what they say tommorrow & if it is I'll read the rules & re-post :)