Denon DVD 1920. Which output for CD Stereo

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sauro02, Mar 7, 2006.

1. sauro02

sauro02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a 1920 connected with a coaxial cable for DVD and 5:1 analog =for SACD and DVD-A to my Yamaha 757.

For a standard stereo CD, the Denon outputs to the digital out and the analog out. Which should I select on the Yamaha?

Thanks

Roger

2. kit1cat

kit1cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98

Which ever sounds the best, with coaxial out you are using the dac's in the amp, with the analog out you are using the dac's in the Denon.

Barry

3. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Actually for stereo out, your choices are between co-axial/optical out and the stereo outputs between the HDMI and component connections. Ideally you would have your amps DVD option set to co-axial/optical, ext. in for SACD/DVD-A and plumb the stereo outs into the CD input of your amp for CD. The reason for this is bass management...

4. sauro02

sauro02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Cable Monkey and Barry .

HDMI is not an option on my amp - it has no HDMI input.
    DVD-A and SACD are only available via the analogue inputs, if I listen to DVD-A through the coax I only get stereo, so I have to have both analogue and coax connected.

Since both are cabled up I can choose to listen to either for stereo.
    Having had a play with the system since I posted, I have found that the advantage of using the PCM feed from the coax for stereo is I can use the various programs on the amp such as 7 ch stereo , which sounds great - they are not available on the 5:1 inputs.