Denon DVD-1920 multiregion hack is here

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
We take no responsibility and accept no liability for any damage caused by applying this hack. Use it at your own risk!

First of all, download the Word document instructions here .
Then download the firmware file from here .
OK, what you need to do is burn the downloaded data file E61E2ED117D0.abd to a CD-R at 4x speed.
Make sure the disc is finalized - your CD burner software may state this as a closed session or a non multi session.
Then follow the Word document instructions.

I have successfully applied this hack myself.

What version of the firmware is this?

I doubt this a newer firmware, just the current firmware but region free.

My player came region free from retailer.

Is there a way to get the player to tell me the current version number?

chez said:
What version of the firmware is this?

Chez - have you tried this upgrade? Work ok for you? I am nervous in case it screws up my machine....

Thanks
Paul

No, mine came multi-region, just wanted to work out whether this is newer or older than what I have..

Stuart Wright said:
We take no responsibility and accept no liability for any damage caused by applying this hack. Use it at your own risk!

OK, what you need to do is burn the downloaded data file E61E2ED117D0.abd to a CD-R at 4x speed.
Make sure the disc is finalized - your CD burner software may state this as a closed session or a non multi session.

Stuart - this file extension is ABD. There is another file on this forum with an extension of ISO. What is the difference?
Tks
Paul

The .iso will be a disc image, rather than just the file that you require

Also succesfully used this in the past.

Does what it says on the tin.

chez said:
The .iso will be a disc image, rather than just the file that you require

Thanks for the reply Stuart - I therefore presume I should use your .ABD file as the .ISO file is not actually the correct format and simply an image?

Ta for your advice.

Stuart - after you had applied the firmware, did the DVD retain it's ability to output HDMI(upscaling)? I am concerned about losing this, as it was the main reason I bought this machine last week!
Thanks
Paul

Stuart Wright said:

Stuart - after you had applied the firmware, did the DVD retain it's ability to output HDMI(upscaling)? I am concerned about losing this, as it was the main reason I bought this machine last week!
Thanks
Paul

Algoz said:
Thanks
Paul

I received my firmware upgrade from Peter Tyson, I assume it's the same as this one. I'm still using the HDMI output (720p).

Hello ppl!

I recenly got the Denon 1920 player and a Hitachi 32LD6200 LCD TV.
The thing is that the DVI port on the TV does not support HDCP copy protection, so I cant use a digital connection between the Denon and the Hitachi (HDMI to DVI). Do you know if this firmware also unlocks the HDCP protection on the Denon, or if such firmware exists?

Thanks for your time,
Kostas

Jezus said:
Hello ppl!

I recenly got the Denon 1920 player and a Hitachi 32LD6200 LCD TV.
The thing is that the DVI port on the TV does not support HDCP copy protection, so I cant use a digital connection between the Denon and the Hitachi (HDMI to DVI). Do you know if this firmware also unlocks the HDCP protection on the Denon, or if such firmware exists?

Thanks for your time,
Kostas

It apears that noone knows f there's a solution to my problem... it seems that I should go out on a quest for another DVD player, with a HDCP-free DVI port, and spend my hard-earned cash on it... damn salesmen, they swear that my set-up will work properly, and so I ended up buying stuff that's useless to me...

Jezus said:
It apears that noone knows f there's a solution to my problem... it seems that I should go out on a quest for another DVD player, with a HDCP-free DVI port, and spend my hard-earned cash on it... damn salesmen, they swear that my set-up will work properly, and so I ended up buying stuff that's useless to me...

Why don't you go back to the shop you bought it from (who advised you incorrectly) and ask for a refund/different player/tv?

chez said:
Why don't you go back to the shop you bought it from (who advised you incorrectly) and ask for a refund/different player/tv?

Actually, it took me 3 visits to the shop (it is located in another city), and many phonecalls to the shop and the importers to convince them that such problem DOES exist, and the problem is not my cables/setup/connections/brain/whatever.

They are probably going to hand me a new player, the thing is that I need a player with a HDCP-free DVI port that will also play my SACD and DVD-A discs, and there are not many of them going around these days... Maybe I can get a low-priced DVD player with a DVI port, and keep the denon for SACD/DVDA playback purposes... but then, that doesnt seem like the best solution, for many reasons...

You could keep the player and get a new TV?? ;)

Does this hack/firmware enable upscaling at the component outputs?

Please say yes (unless of course the answer is no!) because I don't really want to buy a Samsung or LG (Goldstar anyone?). It would slot in nicely with my other Denon kit too!

Kind Regards,

Mike

Any versions above 1.17 yet?

from remote control press 1234 and DISPLAY keys remove any disc from player before...exit is Power off,factory defaults CLEAR

SuperSeven said:
I doubt this a newer firmware, just the current firmware but region free.

My player came region free from retailer.

Is there a way to get the player to tell me the current version number?

I've just tried to apply the hack, but a few seconds after inserting the CD-R, I get a disc error on the Firmware Update.

Any ideas?

Jezus said:
Actually, it took me 3 visits to the shop (it is located in another city), and many phonecalls to the shop and the importers to convince them that such problem DOES exist, and the problem is not my cables/setup/connections/brain/whatever.

They are probably going to hand me a new player, the thing is that I need a player with a HDCP-free DVI port that will also play my SACD and DVD-A discs, and there are not many of them going around these days... Maybe I can get a low-priced DVD player with a DVI port, and keep the denon for SACD/DVDA playback purposes... but then, that doesnt seem like the best solution, for many reasons...

I would suggest you change the TV for one with HDCP, has once HD sky and other formats come out you'll be stuffed.

I have version 1.17 also, but after that in the same line, there is "d1.0". Do you have same marking? What does it mean?

Well I just installed this on my 1920. Supplied Region 2 Version 2.0 but this made it region free 1.17. Had a look through the menu and all seems the same and still upscales nicely to my 436XDE.

Not sure what changes there were between 1.17 and 2.0.

Hmmm, still it worked for me and now Multi-Region.

Would be handy if anyone who bought a Multiregion unit could check the version and let us know what it came supplied with.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom