• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon DVD 1920 - HDMI audio settings

Rich6826

Established Member
Hi people

I'm looking to get the above denon player and hook it up to my amp via a HDMI connection. I've managed to download the manual for the 1920 off the web and after reading through it I'm left with one question that I hope someone can answer...

When turning on the HDMI connection and setting the sound output to 'multichannel', you then have to configure the speaker settings (small/large, distance etc.). My question is concerning the fact that my amp should take care of all of these settings in its auto setup feature, and I'm concerned that the DVD player audio settings might interfere in some way. Any one have any ideas if this is the case, or would the amp just ignore any settings from the player and work everything else out for itself?

Cheers
Rich

ozdvduser

Established Member
Those settings only apply when using the analog 5.1 outputs, not if using coax/optical.

Rich6826

Established Member
Thanks for your response.

There is an area for the speaker setup concerning analog output, but reading through the manual there is definitely speaker settings for the multichannel HDMI output too. I wondered if these were only used when the output was PCM (as opposed to bitstream), but being fairly new to the whole home cinema thing I'm not too sure.

I'm gonna ask a guy at the Denon stand in Bristol tommorow, to see what they think. It's become one of those anoying questions I'd like to get to the bottom of...

Rich

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom