• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon DVD-1920 component or HDMI?

W

Winterheart

Hey folks

Okay, so there are numerous topics already on this DVD player but I haven't seen one that answers this question yet.

Basically I am using a Samsung LE26R51BD TV, the aforementioned Denon player and a QED HDMI-P and playing the sound through an Arcam A75 amp at the moment and while I am more than satisfied with the picture and sound, I tried my brothers component a few days back and I'd swear it looked better.

Is it just me or does a good component lead really rival such a good quality HDMI lead?

From what I've heard the Denon through HDMI would benefit more from a larger screen. I guess this could be a valid reason.

Any answers would be appreciated.

Cheers

dav-t

Distinguished Member
For what its worth mate I've got an arcam 88plus via component to my pj and the 1920 via hdmi to the pj , in imho the arcam is still superior even on scaled images of the 1920.

Kalos Geros

have you guys calibrated your HDMI picture...same settings as with component won't work well with HDMI since its fully digital, values are differently interpreted so different levels and color settings are required than with component...

fizzgog

how do you calibrate your HDMI picture on a denon 1920?
thanx
pete

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom