Denon DV2910

Bigpants2k

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm thinking of changing my all in one system, to separates.

I have my eye on the DV2910 (does anybody have this unit?)

Do I need a separate amp for this and could anybody make any suggestions for something that will work well with the above DVD.

Is the amp more important than the DVD? or is it the other way round?.

Then I will need speakers, again how much should I be spending on these and does anybody have any recommendations.

This is a player only and would need to be mated with a decent amp and speakers to get the best out of it. Its natural partner would be the Denon 2805/2806 but any similarily specced amp would do.

You will do well to partner it with an AVR2806 as it does not exist. The AVR2805 will good though

Denon produtcs of this ilk are not available by mail-order though.

Anyone offering them mail-order, be warned and check with Denon UK that it comes with a UK warranty.

Your best bet though is visiting your nearest Denon dealer. More than likely they will be able to offer you a demo and lets your ears and eyes be the judge on what you are buying

Flip Flop Fred said:
Is the amp more important than the DVD? or is it the other way round?.

Then I will need speakers, again how much should I be spending on these and does anybody have any recommendations.

The amp will be the heart of your system, so I'd say - yes, it is more important than the DVD/CD player.

Don't forget the importance of good speakers though - and their price. If you're thinking of a Denon 2910 you're thinking pretty high quality. The Denon AVR 2805 would be (as mentioned) the natural amp. That's not cheap, either!

To actually translate all this good stuff into good sound, however, you'd also be thinking of quality speakers - and this is, it seems to me, what gets overlooked sometimes. With these Denon components, spending GBP 1000 on your speakers isn't indulging at all, I'm afraid.

Actually, I'm where you are right now - but starting things the other way round. I'm trying to find the right speakers first, will then go for the amp (though obviously I have a few in mind) and then the DVD player. Just a thought...

wonderboy said:
You will do well to partner it with an AVR2806 as it does not exist.

It will...

So will the AVR2807, but why recommend it when its not even out.

How do you know its good!

How do you know it realiable?

Denon do have a good track record, but nothing is guranteed.

Manufactures have also been know to skip a model, which Denon have done before

The 06 range of players are all the pipeline for imminent release, in some cases alongside the 05's. Even if a 2806 never makes the light of day the basic advice is still valid, especially as I did not restrict my suggestion to Denon only. PM me if you think I have done anything wrong and lets try and keep the thread on topic.

Blimey aren't there loads of av options to choose from, its bloody confusing.

Ok I have chosen some kit, could someone please browse there beady eyes over it and tell me if it would be an ok set up.

To start off with I have chosen the Denon DVD 1920, the reviews I have read said this is a fairly good unit.

The amp im going to run with is the Denon AVR 2805, again all the reviews have said this is a good bit of kit.

Now the speakers I couldn't find that many packages, but a set up with a good review is the Mordaunt-Short Genie.

I'm happy with the amp and the DVD, but the speakers hmmm not to sure if anybody else knows any good uns could please tell me.

Thanks

Your choices are sound though I urge you to take a look at a range of stuff before buying. Try the Canton CD101's (look in the speaker section as they are discounted to AVforums readers I believe).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom