Denon DRA-700AEDAB memory lost

A

adamG

Hi I hope someone can help here. I have just purchased the DRA 700 AEDAB but I find the manual very odd, for example its referal to switching bands to DAB doesn't describe what actually happens.

Anyway, I have tuned and stored radio stations but when I turn it on it comes on and doesn't respond to the buttons for selecting the stations and the only way I get it to work is by retuning the DAB and I lose all the stations I've programmed. What am I doing wrong or is this how it is (which it can't be surely, my portable dab radio remembers the stations and that cost a lot less!)?

Thanks
Adam

I don't think it's lost - just in hiding!
When you say "doesn't respond to the buttons for selecting the stations" I wonder if you men the numbered ones on the handset?
If so, I'm afraid they don't select radio stations and it's designed that way.
The only way to change radio stations is with the Up and Down buttons to the left of the + and - Volume buttons.
To get to the pretuned stations you first select the Program Group (A-G) with the Shift Button then use Band to move between AM, FM and DAB.
You can recognise DAB because it says 'Now Tuning', AM says AM, FM just shows a program number.
Then you use the Up and Down buttons as I mentioned above.
It's not exactly intuitive is it? But after a year or so i can now get around it OK
If you want to use numbered buttons to change channels then you have to use the Zone remote control and make one of the Zones active - Same as Source. Now you can turn the Zone on and off wit the little remote and use it to change programs.
The numbered buttons on the main remote are to select CD tracks on a Denon CD player.
(If it's any consolation it took me about a month to learn how to store DAB stations as I wanted them)

Last edited:
Vic
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I gave up in the end, while the machine sounded great, felt and looked great, it just did my head in when ever I turned it on and it tuned into a station but didn't make a sound. It also didn't respond to the buttons on the front or the handset. I figured out how to programme the stations but when I turned it on they were not to be found. I figured in the end there was something not quite right about it and took it back. I now have a cambridge audio azur 640 & onkyo a-9355 both of which are simple in the extreme to use and completely intuitive. I must say I think Denon need to think about their manuals & ease of use. I've been put off.

Again, many thanks for replying
AdamG

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom