Question Denon dm41 with q acoustic 3020i

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Lost and confused, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Lost and confused

Lost and confused
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a denon rcd-m41 and a pair of q acoustic 3020i speakers after much research and after pretty strong recommendations from whathifi.

I had to wait 3 months for the receiver as I'm all the way downunder and in the mean time i hooked up my dad's Acram Solo Mini. The sound was clear warm and the bass was pronounced enough while remaining controlled.

When the Denon turned up I was very disappointed. It sounded too bright and the bass was very clumsy and distorted. This confuses me as i saw so many recomendations.

Is there anything i could have done in set up to cause the less than desired sound?

If it is just the pairing I would "happily" buy the Solo Mini if they still made them as i had a bluetooth adaptor which is how i do most of my listening along with the FM radio.

Can anyone recommend an all in one preferably with dab that wont disappoint me like the Denon? Budget $1500Aud