Denon dm38dab or sony giga duke E300HD

Mikelowry

Standard Member
Hi all ive been looking at getting a mini with i pod dock and these 2 fit the bill and the price range, which would be the best? Im leaning towards the giga duke simple because it comes with speakers or are there similar products for a similar price? any help much appreciated

Music4ever

For sound quality I'd go for the Denon any day.
Use either the Denon speakers or something like Diamonds, Q Acoustic 2010's etc.

If you have an Ipod then the Denon will sound better as it using the Digital output of the Ipod.

wildthing666

Standard Member
The giga Juke has an internal HDD (80Gb) but you can use an IPOD or external HHD formatted to FAT32 with the DENON. I ordered the Denon RCDM-38 and with the SC-M37 speakers it sounded excellent, waiting for the replacement as the display was faulty, I am going to make sure I get hold of the Denon even if I have to cancel this order and go to another company the Denon does work out dearer than the Sony but only by around £20 but £20 well spent in my opinion

Mikelowry

Standard Member
Thanks for the replys guys, ive been speaking to the wife and she made it clear that if the new system sounded 'tinny and crap' she won't like it and i'm pretty sure that a power output of 2x30 watts thats exactly what they would sound, so what would you suggest obviously im going to have to break that budget! I still wont a dab radio and to be able to play cd's and have ipod/mp3 dock or/and usb socket and it needs to be loud and bassy so I would imaging its going to need a sub and it also needs to be compact because that is the whole point. ????????????? Just for info we are currently have a Panasonic sa-ak630 and thats the sort of sound we are looking for!

Mikelowry

Standard Member
any suggestions doesnt have to be brand new, budget would be around 600??? what am i looking for here? what sort of speakers? I would want to speakers to be wall mountable definately!

Bass junky

The Denon does have enough power trust me I thought it was lacking on the spec sheet but when I listened to it through Q Acoustics 2020s it had more than enough grunt under the hood – You may need some front ported speakers for wall mounting

Cheers

Ben Jammin

The Denon sounds lovely with a decent pair of speakers, plenty powerful. I would recommend trying to get to a Richer Sounds or something and check first for yourself. However, if you go down the seperates route with £600 you could get a better sound. Denon is good enough for most, depends how geeky you want to get! :)

Mikelowry

Standard Member
well ive made my mind up about the speakers im getting wharfedale diamond 10.2 and i am going to go to my nearest superfi and i will try the denon on them speakers and see how it sounds!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom