• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon dm 41 speaker upgrade

mike palmer

Novice Member
After selling all my hifi gear due to I'll health and needing to clear some debts I finally saved enough to get a denon dm 41 I have the standard speakers and have a q acoustics 2070 sub I'm using with it at the moment looking at a upgrade I have tge 3020i with stands or the 3050 floorstanding I have listen to the the 3020i
And liked them do you think the denon will run the 3050 without any problems or is the 3020i a better choice
Thanks for any advice

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Hi mike.

There’s no need to match the speakers to the sub.

I’d go for a pair of Mission QX1s in your position.

Prettier than the QAs (imo) and I’ve never been a fan of the QA sound. A bit meh.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
However, if you’re intent on the QAs you need only go for the smaller type as the sub will more than fill in for any bass deficit from not having floorstanders.

Iainr80

Standard Member
Thanks Paul for the advice gone for the q acoustics with the aim to add them to the rest qa cinema package in the future
Hi there

I have the Dennon m39 Dab how have you found the Q Acoustics I've been looking at getting them myself are they a big upgrade on the orginal speakers? , do they work well with the dennon ?

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Denon Micro system and Q Acoustics bookshelfs have always been a highly regarded success in my opinion. Nether tries to say its something it isn't yet what it achieves is better than many expect. So, I would say that if you are looking at a good all round compact stereo which doesn't break the bank, then putting these two components together is never seen as a bad decision :)

mike palmer

Novice Member
I'm very happy with them got them at a very good price (still waiting on the stands)
But would be more than happy to Pay full price for them really nice sound

Iainr80

Standard Member
I'm trying to find them cheaper than 219 found some refurbished ones with 5yr garuntee for 189 just not sure I don't want brand new

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom