Denon Direct Mode

Mike-M

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to stop the Sub joining in when my Denon 2105 is in direct mode? I am assuming that when in direct mode the amp puts out what it receives. But when I play stereo the sub joins in making it 2.1.

Use the channel level option and turn down the subwoofer.
Just beyond -12db the next position is 'off'.

Where will I find this option (do you mean use the test tone and turn the sub right down?)

Im not sure if the 2105 has a "Pure Direct" mode. Some of the Yamaha models for example have a straight mode, stereo mode (which plays the sub if enabled) and a Pure Direct mode, which bypasses all tone controls, video circuits, DSPs and OSD and plays simply left and right. This I think is on the 2805 and upwards, not sure if its on the 2105.

Markie Boy said:
Im not sure if the 2105 has a "Pure Direct" mode. Some of the Yamaha models for example have a straight mode, stereo mode (which plays the sub if enabled) and a Pure Direct mode, which bypasses all tone controls, video circuits, DSPs and OSD and plays simply left and right. This I think is on the 2805 and upwards, not sure if its on the 2105.

My 3805 has pure direct mode which does switch off the Sub I'm not sure if the normal "Direct" mode had the option but I will take a look see next time I get the chance

Mike-M said:
Where will I find this option (do you mean use the test tone and turn the sub right down?)

Hi,
The option you need is on the remote, find the CH SELECT/ENTER button on it (the round one near the bottom), making sure the amp is in DIRECT mode, press it to cycle thru FL/FR then at SUB press the arrow left to turn the sub down. At -12db a final press to the left will display SUB OFF.

Hey presto, no sub output :thumbsup:

Hope this helps,

Graham.

Had a play with this, what's been said works but it seems to affect all imputs so when I to watch a movie I have to go in and up the volume on the Sub again. I was hoping that the settings were imput specific so when playing stereo signals via the CD input the amp would not use the sub but when using the input from the DVD the amp would. Is this possible?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom