1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon Dht550sd Sound

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Paul Philpott, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Paul Philpott

Paul Philpott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    A Question For Any 550sd Owners: What Do You Find The Best Db Settings To Be? Also Do You Keep The Crossover At 150 As Denon Suggest?? Any Tips Or Advise Would Be Appreciated!!!!

2. OldSkoO1

OldSkoO1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Many forum users suggest +5db on all channels apart from the sub. This is to combat the fan noise that kicks in at volume 45. For bigger rooms +10 on all channels and +5/+6 on the sub is suffice.

As for the bass and trebble tweaks i dont know what people are using as it hasnt really been discussed to my knowledge. Personnally i've added +2 on the trebble and +4/+6 on the bass. I feel the default setup needs a warmer bass to compliment the over enthusiastic high end of the scale :thumbsup:

Obviously its not equivilant to a amp/cd seperates setup at all but every little helps. I think the majority of folk havent quite found any concrete evidence on which crossover frequency is best. Therefore i tend to stick at 150. I seem to recal someone posting that the overlap helps iron out some kind of technical difference in the system sending sound to speakers but thats all i can add on that one.

3. MattyKHZ

MattyKHZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Fan noise....... Is this referring to the 500 as I have never noticed fan noise on the 550.

On my 550 keep LFE crossover frequency at 150 but need to move the sub, replace interconnect for sub or alter set up as its a bit boomy and overpowering sometimes.

Still learning with it though.

4. OldSkoO1

OldSkoO1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Yes the fan noise was in relation to the 500, i wasnt aware this didnt affect the 550. Sorry for the mis-information :oops:

5. Paul Philpott

Paul Philpott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Thanks for the advise, I will see how I get on!!
    Paul