1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DHT550SD or Separates?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Greedydogtoo, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Greedydogtoo

Greedydogtoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I'm just about to get a new surround sound system and I'm torn between going down the all in one route with a Denon DHT550SD or using a Denon AVR 1905 as a base with a suitable DVD and speakers as a seperates system, I'm trying to keep the total to circa £600, any opinions??

Cheers

Andy

2. Samwise

Samwise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am going to but the 550sd tomorrow. I had the same choice as you, separates or the denon 550sd. After some research, I found the 550sd is excellent value, and works as a separates set up too. I mean, you but an all in one, but you can replace parts,(AV, DVD or Speakers as and when you wish). This meant I could have a really good set up immediately and gradually upgrade to a fantastic (and much more expensive set up) over the next two years or so.

I am not an expert audiophile or whatever, but that is just what I have found out. I hope it helps.

3. dino25

dino25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I have the DHT500SD and absolutely love- the only problem however is that if you wish to wall mount the speakers you may have a little problem. I have ended up using right angle brackets after having brackets suggested tome that just didnt work. Everthing is seperate and you can also add speakers for 7.1 surround which is cool. I love the machine completely but its entirely up to you

dino