Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon DHT550SD connections - please advise...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Samwise, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Samwise

Samwise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have taken the jump and bought the Denon DHT550SD, from Peter Tyson - £600 - including speaker stands and delivery. Plus very helpful. Would highly recommend the Peter Tyson phone sales and technical help to anyone.

I have not bought any new connections yet. So would like some advice on what cables to buy?

I want to upgrade to component connections as my TV (Toshiba 32ZP48) has the connections I think.
    Plus I want surround sound from my free view box and XBox.

How do I connect these all with the Denon?

What are the best connection cables for this job?

Thank you for any help in advance...

2. MattyKHZ

MattyKHZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Optic cable for conencting freeview if it has an output. Also whilst at it get better one to replace the freebie that comes with set.

I got mine, Cable Talk ones, from ebay at a tenner each which was much cheaper than normal. Try some of the shops on there or just do a search.

3. Samwise

Samwise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, will look at getting those. As I do want to upgrade all my connections. :smashin: