1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DHT500SD - Where from?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by spinout, Jan 4, 2005.

1. spinout

spinout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I'm heading toward purchase of a Denon DHT500.

two quick questions:

1. Any suggestions as to where to buy from (cheapest Vs. decent service)

2. Has anywon seen the DHT330 - if so any comments?

TIA,
    Carl

2. woodmeister

woodmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Without hesitation I would recommend AV Land for the 500SD. I found them really helpful and friendly. They are also I understand they're one of the cheapest too. :thumbsup:

http://www.avland.co.uk/

I also got the SS30 speaker stands from them as well.

3. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I bought mine from Peter Tyson on the net, excellent service - plus if you look on dealtime loads of good reviews from other customers.

I paid £411 for next day delivery, I also got a free multiregion upgrade which I didn't know about till it arrived (cost £20 on the site). What also attracted me to Peter Tyson was that the fact that they will pay to collect the equipment from you if it develops a fault. The majority of internet companies expect you to pay.

4. owey

owey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try www.superfi.co.uk click on 2004 award winners on the left hand side of the home page to find the Denon DHT500SD.£419.00 multi-region free P&P, i got mine from them for £398.00 with a price promise they do. All you do is email them were you seen it cheaper and they will do a personal price promise for you, valid for 7 days only. I think I found it cheaper at unbeatable "but not multi-region", but Superfi still beat the price.
    Also got 2 pairs of AVF stands from Maplins for £30.00 black or silver which the Denon speakers screw into. Black ones have a better finish on them.

5. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Nice link Woodmeister - just discovered they are less than 15 miles from me. Know where I am going on my next day off :smashin: