1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DHT500SD volume?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Chris_Person, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Chris_Person

Chris_Person

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would like to buy a DHT500SD but have been told that the volume will not be enough to fill the room i will be using. The room is the size and shape of a single car garage. How is the volume on this sound system? does anyone think it is enough? and if not, are there any systems on the market that are? thanks alot for any replies.

2. lhough20

lhough20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 500SD and my living room is a little bigger than yours and the system is more than capable. My volume settingis usually around the 25-35 level. (think it goes to 60 something).

I've also got an extra Denon rear speaker and an active sub so now have a 6.1 setup! although the volume was adequate before this aswell.

3. reddux

reddux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    25-35 :eek:

I usually have to turn it upto 55+ to hear talking :confused: and my room ain't that big (I wonder if years of clubbing has damaged my ears beyond repair!)

4. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Or increase the db's to plus 10 on each speaker.

Should fill your garage just fine :)

5. Chris_Person

Chris_Person

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone that replied, very quick responses too :) cheers

6. lhough20

lhough20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    55 seems a bit loud! if i put mine on 55 then the neighbours would get me arrested! my living room is 25ftx13ft and 25-35 is fine. my speaker volumes are between 6 and 10 and i normally have it on DTS cinema which seems a bit louder than pro logic II i think.