1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DHT500SD speaker wall brackets

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by David McW, Mar 3, 2005.

1. David McW

David McW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just recieved my shiny new denon from QED today and think its awesome but im having real difficulty finding wall brackets for the speakers due to them not having mounting holes on the rear of the speaker.

This is my first home cinema kit so yes i am a newb and any advice would be welcome like where i can buy brackets to wall mount the speakers.

THANKS

Davidhttp://www.avforums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=114#
    please

2. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi David,

Congratulations on your new purchase - I'm sure it'll bring you hours of pleasure and the neighbours hours of stress! :smashin:

Many people (inc. myself) have used these AVF brackets and they do the job just fine. Can be picked up at Currys for about £15 a pair. Someone once mentioned B&Q do them too, but I can't confirm that.

I'm not sure there's anything else out there that works well with the Denon? Anyone else have any different suggestions???

Hope that helps :)

Jud

3. David McW

David McW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link do these actually attach to the base of the speaker ?

I saw them in the local currys but was unsure they were compatible

thanks

David

4. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They certainly do. They come with two bars - long & short. I used the long ones. I posted a pic on another thread here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190507&highlight=avf but if you do a search, I'm sure you'll find some close-up pics too.

Jud

5. David McW

David McW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that i just won a multiregion firmware upgrade cd on ebay for 99p so with my brackets that should be my system sorted.

Thank you Jud

David

6. Strangerer

Strangerer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Watch out with the firmware upgrade. There's a thread on here somewhere saying how the one they tried ballsed up their player beyond repair. :eek: