1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon dht500sd connectivity question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by johnbgorham, May 15, 2005.

1. johnbgorham

johnbgorham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    G'day all,

I have recently purchased a denon dht500sd (beautiful sound & picture quality) but have a connectivity issue. The tv it is hooked to is an older stereo model with only rca connection with the supplied cable (no s-video, component jacks or scart). I have tried to connect audio out from tv to audio in on denon to get the denon to play the sound instead of the tv. With dvd's etc the denon is happy to play the sound. In case you hadn't noticed i'm a bit of a newbie at this.

Suggestions re the obvious of buying a newer tv will be ignored for the moment, but thanks anyway.

Cheers

John

2. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi John and welcome to the forum :)

Do you have the Denon switched to Video1 or Video2 (depends on which connections you've used on the Denon)rather than TV? You can cycle through them using the Function key on the remote. I believe the TV function will only work with Scart.

HTH

Jud

3. johnbgorham

johnbgorham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thnx Jud

I have tried with the denon switched to both ( and TV), and have also cycled each setting thru digital and anaolgue, with no success.
    I have also sent emails to denon directly, and am awaiting reply.

Cheers

John

4. johnbgorham

johnbgorham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    G'day All,

I managed to fix the problem myself with a little help from a mate. For all those interested and having some connectivity issues, you must make the connection (simple enough), then select the appropriate function (video1 or video2), and then select the appropriate input (digital or analogue). The back of the denon has 2 video1 inputs (1 analogue and 1 digitial) and 2 video2 inputs (1 analogue and 1 digital). So if you are using rca jacks to send audio to the denon from a tv or other source (tape or turntable), plug the rca's into video2 (red and white), select the function video2, then select analogue input.

Cheers

John

5. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you got it sorted :thumbsup:

6. dino25

dino25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone bought a region 2 dht500 anf tried the software hack with success?