1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DHT500 speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by raptor, Nov 23, 2004.

1. raptor

raptor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a Denon DHT500 system. Haven't tried it yet but the build quality is sensational. However I'm struggling to see how I'm going to mount the speakers as they're different to any of the small satellite speakers you tend to get with other all in one systems. I currently have a pair of satellite speaker stands and a pair of wall brackets that were used with my Toshiba Tv's speakers but there's no way I could mount the Denons on these. I've looked at other satellite speaker stands and these too don't seem up to the job of mounting the Denons.

I'd like to know how others have mounted their speakers and where they got the stands/brackets from.

Thanks.

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have just bought some from Currys for £14.99 for the two rear speakers - AVF Home Cinema Speaker Mounts (Part No 461170UK). I have ordered the Denon SS30 speakers stands from AVLand for the front speakers.

3. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I had the same problem regarding un-obtrusive speaker mounts but these ones work perfectly, look good and come with the necessary screws to attach to the speaker bottoms.

http://www.avf.co.uk/product.php?cat=HF&product=P6199

They're handy as you can mount them in many ways, so very flexible - Currys and B&Q stock them (B&Q were deinitely cheaper at the time.

As far as speaker stands go, the Denon ones on their web-site are suitable and available from AV Land

Hope this helps

Nathan

4. raptor

raptor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to both of you, that really does help. One more question though, the link shows 2 variants of the bracket one short and one long, will the short one suffice or would I need the longer one (due to the depth of the speakers)?

Thanks again

5. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    You get both long and short bars in the packet so you get to choose. I personally used the longer bar.