Denon dht-500sd

D

Denzel

I think that the subwoofer is a bit weak. I have another one. Is it possible (and good for sound?)to use 2 subs since the system has another preout sub contact?

Very thankful for answer!

/Denzel

Hi, ive got the 550 version so don't suffer this problem but have read plenty of threads in order to research my choice so hopefully I can help. The pre-out can be used for another sub but this will require an amplifier, im not sure running in tandem will be a good idea as they may be slightly out of phase to each other muddying your sound.

Cheers

Im suprised you find the sub anything other than slightly over powered. All the reviews seem to point to it needing a calm down a bit and I find mine loud enough.

You can try adding some Bass or turning up the gain in the setup menu.

Rich

maybe it is the placement of your sub?

Try putting it in a corner.

Try many place around the room, and of course in the set up or on the sub there is likely to be a control to turn the sub up and down. Have a look.

I have mine underneath the TV at the front of the sound stage on the advice of the reviews of the DHT500 and it sounds excellent.

Rich

Thank´s alot for all good answers. I´m right now trying to move the sub around for best sound instead of hooking up another one.

Is there anyone who knows where to buy another Denon surround speaker? I´ve looked around alot (all over the world, but they have to deliver to Sweden since that´s where I live) but they don´t seem to be sold seperately.

Cheers! /Denzel

Now I am thinking of buying good front speakers and make the once included back surround. Does anyone know about any good front speakers to match the dht-500sd system? I´m thinking of B&W DM303 or DALI Concept 1 speakers but I am not sure how they would sound with this system. Any experience with these anyone or do you have any other suggestions.

Cheers! /Denzel

Thanks for your answer. I lloked on theri homepage, but it does´nt look as they sell it seperately their anymore...grrr ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom