1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DHT-500SD-Overdriven Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Kingmob04, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Kingmob04

Kingmob04
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek:

Trouble guys. While I was away my parents detached my speakers to make room for renovations in their house. I came back, set everything back up again, but now my centre is throwing out really tinny sound- it's almost as if everyone's talking out of the side of their mouths- that really vibrating sound.

I ran an audio test and the centre's got a crackle deep inside the unit. I don't know what it might be because there's no sign of it being damaged and when I rang Peter Tyson they said it'd be checked incase of it being overdriven.

Now I've never ever ran the speakers that hight, simply because of living with the folks and the size of the room. I know Tyson has a good rep, but I'm concerned they'll 'find' something wrong.

Has anyone else had problems with their Denon- I've already had to have the main unit replaced because of a stuck open/close button.

Help would be much appreciated. :lease: