1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon dht-500sd dts weirdness

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by psilocybe, Jun 14, 2005.

1. psilocybe

psilocybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all
    I've had a few home cinema separates in the past but found them too big and bulky so purchased a Denon dht-500sd setup yesterday.

The player seems to be having problems playing discs encoded with dts. I have have thrown 5+ dts discs into it. It automactically defaults to DD 5.1 and then when I change to dts using the input button it flashes dts in orange text but gives no sound. On 2 of the discs dts seems to work but only when I press the audio button on the remote (these 2 discs are THX optimized) but on the others it doesnt allow any change to be made via the audio button. I have checked that the discs are in the correct audio setting on their dvd setup menus on the discs also. Some of the discs are dvd-r's and others are shop bought.

Any ideas? Does this happen with any other owners of the same product?

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

2. psilocybe

psilocybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried some more dts discs and it has played more correctly but still there seems to be a few that it doesnt register the correct audio. Certainly some of the dvd-r's may not have been encoded correctly but its still weird how some of the bought dvd's dont play dts. In fact on some discs it auto defaults to the correct dts and others it doesnt play dts till manually changed via the input/surround butttons.

3. Strangerer

Strangerer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A lot of movies with :dts: soundtracks have got DD5.1 track set as default and the soundtrack has to be set to :dts: via the movies on screen menu.

4. psilocybe

psilocybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I knew that, i'd already tried that on all of the disks anyway, some didnt even need changing and just defaulted immediatley to dts but 90% of the rest that had the option to change on the disc's menu didnt change. Guess I'll have to double check my encoding when making discs next time. Things are deffo looking up though and more seem to be working after all, must have been my latest batch of dvd-r editing that went wrong.

Cheerz anyway Strangerer. :)