1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DHT-500SD clicking question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Gethsemane, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Gethsemane

Gethsemane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [apols for posting same question in 2 seperate forums but was hoping i might get some replies this way from fellow 500SD owners]

Hi folks i recently bought a Denon DHT 500SD and have noticed a small singular click comes from inside the unit when i switch to and from 'stereo' sound and possibly when switching input modes.

I was just wondering if this is normal? or something to worry about? outside of that ive been very impressed by the unit.

2. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,572
    Yes. It's normal. All my Denon's have made the same noise when switching inputs etc.

3. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Its just the muting circuits that cut in when changing input and sound format.

4. Gethsemane

Gethsemane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wierd ive got a Denon seperates hi-fi system never heard any such click from that.

Ive also now noticed my remote for my jvc tv sometimes switch the denon on when i use the volume button :rolleyes: