1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DHT 500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by thomo99, Oct 5, 2005.

1. thomo99

thomo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anybody else struggling to get there hands on one of these, has one on order from peter tyson for over 1 month and they keep saying should be in this friday week on week.

Think ill have to cancel and purchase from somewhere else, any ideas on where for about the £400 mark multi regional?

2. Xebec2005

Xebec2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered from Peter Tyson too a couple of weeks ago and got a call to say it was out of stock but Denon was saying stock would be delivered the following week.

They offered a "graded" version saving about £100 which I had noticed on the website. This is apparently a previously repaired and tested set offered with a year's warranty. While the salesman would make no guarantees he said they had sold other models this way but had had no marked additional problems over normal sold items.

I decided to take a chance and it arrived the next working day as anticipated. Happy with it so far - nothing which makes it obviously used stock.

I was keen to order from Peter Tyson as their customer service is good but had I noticed it was out of stock on a couple of other sites.

David

3. Ninj

Ninj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Same story from superfi, out of stock, expected 9-10 (bizarre as 9th is a Sunday) and then out to dealers for about the 14th.

Not really on I feel, theres nothing to stop dealers making this obvious at time of sale. To accept an order at the time with no stock and no idea when you are getting new stock is a bit much.

Just hope its worth the wait :)

Rgds

Rich

4. thomo99

thomo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    glad you said that, as i was about to cancel with peter tyson and order from them, surely they should say OUT OF STOCK on there websites as waiting 6 weeks is far to much

5. Ninj

Ninj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yeh, it seems retailers arent keen to advertise the status of thier stock. Bit sneaky I think, surely its the customers choice to wait or go elsewhere.

Like you say an email days or weeks after placing an order to say the goods have been delayed isnt really good service.

Good luck ;)

Rich

6. thomo99

thomo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    peter tyson rang me today and said itll be here tomorrow :clap: