Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon DHT-500 speaker covers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Kingmob04, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Kingmob04

Kingmob04

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Okay, one of my speakers took a little knock from a now deceased (j/k) person. Unfortunately some of the silver filament (or whatever that stuff is) has become frayed and althought it hasn't affected the speaker, it just looks a little unsightly.

Does anyone know where I can get new covers? i.e. preferably not the Denon source as I'm sure they'll charge the earth.

Thanks.

2. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I would definatly not suggest nipping down your local Currys and doing a quick swap 'cos that would be a really bad thing to do :rotfl:

Seriously...not sure anyone but Denon would supply them, worth asking them for the price (they respond to emails fairly quickly). Or can you swap with another cover where the speaker is in a less noticable position?

3. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    These covers are bad for doing this...I'm sure somebody out there has removed them and would be happy to sell you one. Is it the centre or one of the sats?

Jimmy

4. Kingmob04

Kingmob04

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The damaged one is for the front on the right hand side.

I may well have to buy a new cover from Denon direct, or I might well just remove them altogether.