1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon Dht 500 - Connection Problems - Please Help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Hasslehogg, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Hasslehogg

Hasslehogg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, please can anyone help, i have just bought the denon and i am very happy with it, at the moment i have my tv connected via the component cables, and my xbox connected via optical cable, i have 2 questions/problems:

1 i want to connect my pc sound to go through the speaker, normally with my old speaker setup i just used a headphone jack to phono cables, the headphone jack pluged into the pc with the red/white phono cables plugged into the amp and selecting AUX, how do i do a similar thing with the denon, where do i plug these cables and which setting, TV, Video 1 etc

2 my radio doesnt seem to work, i get no sound, i have plugged in the internal antenae that came with the package, the white cable into the top and the black into the bottom like it states in the manual, but i get no sound and both manual and auto tuning doesnt find anything, i cant understand it?

any help on these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated, as the system is class, and will be even better once i have sorted these 2 problems.

P.S. has anyone updated there machine to multiregion with the firmware found on this forum? does it work?

thanks

michael

2. Ciaran500

Ciaran500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can use the same headphone jack > phono cables for the denon. Just plug them into the red and white connections on the video in. I can' t remember exactly what setting I had to put it on then but I just flicked through them and found it.

Which aerial did you plug in? Where you searching through the right band for that aerial.

Sorry for the terrible instructons, it is nearly 3:30 on Christmas Eve. :(

3. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You also might have the source input as digital instead of analogue. You also don't need to change the switch on the handset to tuner.

4. Hasslehogg

Hasslehogg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, ok i will mess around, i did switch through all the video 1, video 2 etc as well as trying all connections, video 1, video 2, but i will try again, analogue/digital is this for the pc sound question or the radio question? i have tried fm, local radio and nothing, not even a hiss when nothing is there?

5. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Analogue was for the radio question. I know it took me an age to get it on too and it was a case of me pressing the wrong buttons on the remote.

6. owey

owey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,
    Just recovering from Christmas night :beer: :eek: .Try analoge and on video 2 thats how I get sound from my Sky Box into my Denon with the red and white av leads.
    Don't know about the radio, always use Sky for that. Mine was multi region out of the box from superfi and thats all they do is use a disc when you buy it. The only problem I have found is on some of my Chinese imported discs about half way through the film I get white and black lines going across the tv screen for about 10 seconds then its O.K mybe because of the updated firmware? no problems apart from that.

7. pitijopo

pitijopo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I have just bought the Denon DHT-500SD Home Theatre System. I have connected it using a scart cable and the DVD is superb. Unfortunately I can not manage to get the TV (Sony digital TV) sound through the theatre system. What shall I do? Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Mauricio

:lease: