Denon DCD-520 CD player - EJECT does not work

alexon

Novice Member
Hello everyone,

I hardly ever use my CD player (a DENON DCD 520AE purchased in 2014) but today I wanted to listen to a CD and the EJECT button does not work anymore. I have barely used this unit since I bought it (15 times at most) and I’m really surprised that it is failing like this.

I’ve investigated a bit and it seems that the usual cause for the tray not opening is the little rubber O-ring that connects the motor to the CD tray, but I’ve opened the unit and there is NO mechanical whirring or movement of any king while the display shows “OPEN”, so I doubt it is the rubber belt (plus I cannot actually see it, it must be underneath the laser).

Anyway, the sequence of events when I press EJECT is the following:

1) "OPEN" shows in the display for 5 seconds. NO internal sounds of any kind.

2) "CLOSE" shows for a fraction of a second (you barely see it)

3) "READING" shows for 12 seconds

4) The CD information is displayed (# of songs, total duration). If I press PLAY, the CD plays normally.

Does anybody know what can be wrong and what it’s gonna cost me to have it repaired?

Thanks a bunch,

Alex

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Before taking it apart did you try removing power to the machine (not just switching it to standby) then powering on again?
Sometimes the electronics systems can lock up causing weird symptoms.

KenLiu

Novice Member
Hi Alex,

Did you fix your Denon DCD520AE CD player?
My one has exactly same problem like you described.
I cannot find a solution anyway.
Please share me your fixing if there is one.

Thank you.

@alexon

Last edited by a moderator:

gibbsy

Hi Alex,

Did you fix your Denon DCD520AE CD player?
My one has exactly same problem like you described.
I cannot find a solution anyway.
Please share me your fixing if there is one.

Thank you.
Alexon has not contributed to the Forum for many months and you very well may be better off posting your problems in a new thread. However I had a very similar problem on a Denon Blu-ray player, almost exactly as described above. I had it repaired under warranty as it was a circuit control failure. The unit was away for just over a week. I'm not technically minded and there was no way I was going to try and solve it myself.

KenLiu

Novice Member
Alexon has not contributed to the Forum for many months and you very well may be better off posting your problems in a new thread. However I had a very similar problem on a Denon Blu-ray player, almost exactly as described above. I had it repaired under warranty as it was a circuit control failure. The unit was away for just over a week. I'm not technically minded and there was no way I was going to try and solve it myself.
thankyou, mate

gibbsy

thankyou, mate
I have edited your post by adding a direct connection to alexon by mentioning him in the post. To contact any member on the open forum you add @ then the name as you see it on the information on the left of the entry, no space between the @ and the name. You can also quote the member by using the Quote button underneath their entry.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom