Denon DCD-510AE CDP Review

softsorter

Established Member
Reaction score
The Denon DCD-510AE CDP arrived today and the initial impression is very good !

Previously I have been using a Tangent CDP as transport only into a V-Dac and then onto my Nad c325Bee and out into Wharfdale 9.1's.

Connected up the Denon CDP as transport only and to be honest it was hard to detect a differenec ? on some tracks i'm sure it was different but difficult to pinpoint the change (only a brief test)

Where the difference was obvious was connecting the Denon by the rca outs into the nad inputs, this had the effect of bringing the musician who appeard at the back several several rows forward and had a totally different sound stage.

I need to try a lot more music over a longer period as this was only a connect up to see if any initial improvement pound for pound justified the purchase, in this case appears to be the case.

The model has been out I beleive about 18-24months and was at launch in the £279-£299 bracket, so appears now to be a run out model bargain at £120.

I'll do a full report shortly when time allows to do a more comprenshive report on different media.

This was a early Christmas Present from the wife ! its just that she doesn't know it yet :rotfl:

Page load error seems to be a double post:oops:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom