• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon DBT1713UD - does it need a seperate amp?

witters

Been offered one of these for a good price. I would be using it with my Yammy 2200 soundbar. As it's a transport only would they be compatible, or would it need an av amp?

TIA

Avi

Distinguished Member
Been offered one of these for a good price. I would be using it with my Yammy 2200 soundbar. As it's a transport only would they be compatible, or would it need an av amp?

TIA

Doesn't the YSP provide HDMI input and HD audio format decoding ?

"•Low profile soundbar allows positioning in front of most TVs for a neat and compact AV system
•Subwoofer is also convenient — can be placed vertically or horizontally
•Digital Sound Projector technology provides true surround sound for maximum enjoyment
•Built-in 132W digital amplifier
•11 CINEMA DSP programmes: 3 Movie, 3 Music, 5 Entertainment including improved Game programme
•HD Audio format decoding
•1080p-compatible HDMI (V.1.4a with 3D and Audio Return Channel, 3 in/ 1 out)
•IntelliBeam Automated System Calibration
•Dock port for adding optional YID-W10, YDS-12 and YBA-10 "

Avi

dante01

Distinguished Member

Yes it does. I thought it would be OK but with Denon describing it as "transport only" I wanted to be sure it would work:confused:

The player is basically only intended to output a digital output and lacks multichannel analogue outputs as well as the DACs associated with such outputs. Other than this, the player will still output the same signals via its HDMI output as you'd get from any other player that includes analogue multichannel outputs. If your soundbar has an HDMI input then you should have no issue connecting the player to it and you should be able to bitstream HD audio to the soundbar via the HDMI connection.

Avi

Distinguished Member

Yes it does. I thought it would be OK but with Denon describing it as "transport only" I wanted to be sure it would work:confused:

That's Denon "marketing speak". It means there are limited output interface options but in reality it's just a pretty standard player that decodes audio/video and performs mandatory video processing or optional audio decoding like most others.

Avi

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom