Question Denon + Dali

pirsmark

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi!

First time i am buying AV + speakers and i dont have any experience so please for some help.
I will be using them 50% for listening music and 50% for the movies.
I have room size 3x3 metres that is living room and on the right side is 3m more for the dining room.....
So i was thinking about Dali Zensor series:
- dali zensor 5 for front
- dali zensor 1 for the back
- dali zensor center
- dali zensor SUB E 12-F

...and AV Denon AVR-X2200W....

so now i need some advice:
- is this right choice for my room size
- is this AV compatible with these speakers (right power and how about sound compatibility)
- maybe some better suggestion?

Thanks for help ;)

Your good to go,that is a good combination.

thanks for your opinion....can you suggest which cables to buy?

thanks for your opinion....can you suggest which cables to buy?
If I were you I would ask for free cables, as you are getting amp and speakers.

Agree with Nucky...you will be hard pushed to find a speaker that does movies and music well....Dali manage it across their full range of speakers.

I'd suggest Black Rhodium speaker cable....don't need to go daft on it.....maybe £5-8 a meter.

Some good reading about the Dali speakers here

I am building a similar system, I have 4 Dali 1's and a Dali Vokal centre, very happy with this set up. But next purchase will be the 5's,

The Denon will work well with the Dali's but also look at the Marantz range of amps, from what I have read they are a tad more musical.

Also have a read up on the BK subs.

Like pirsmark, I'm looking to buy my first AV system and have been offered the following for £1,199

1x Denon AVRX2200W
4x Monitor Audio Radius 45
1x Monitor Audio Radius 225
1x Monitor Audio Radius R380

What I'd like to know is whether these speakers and AV Receiver are a good match. I've heard mention that certain speakers can sound 'sweet or light' with Denon systems.

The room is relatively small 3m x 3.5m with the TV situated in a corner of the room with a chimney stack set along the same wall, so im aware I'm dealing with a compromised room will no doubt cause problems with speaker positioning.

The system will be used for watching TV, Blu Rays and gaming (PS4, Xbox One), with little to no music. Any advise would be appreciated,

Denon will be fine with MA`s, no problem there. The X2200 seems to be best avr in it`s price class.

Are you sure can`t put bigger speakers for front? Those Radius 45 are very small, treble driver is behind the speaker, i think they are designed to be as rear speakers. There would be massive difference if you go with Radius 90 for front L/R. Please do that if you can! You thank me later. They are very small, smaller than my Bronze 1 rear speakers.

http://ca2.monitoraudiocdn.com/prod...200/Radius90-gallery.jpg?mtime=20150318103704

Radius 280 sub costs 500£. :eek: You could get much better if you buy from BK. There is no reason to buy sub from the speaker brand. You have couple of choices:

BK Gemini2 10" 150w small, super high WAF (215£)
Gemini

BK XLS200 10" 275w with Peerless driver, about same size as Gemini2 (315£)
XLS200-DF

SVS SB1000 (409£) 12" 300w DSP driven, but very small
SVS SB1000 Subwoofer

All those have sealed design, so they work nicely in your small room. With Denon`s Audyssey XT room correction system you get to eq the sub to sound nice.

Last edited:
Thanks Gasp3621 those subs look great and as you say a real saving. May order the mid range unit and save some money. I'll look again at the Radius 90 speakers to link up with a pair of 45's. Is the Radius 225 centre speaker any good or is there a better alternative. Unfortunately as my TV is in a cabinet there's not a great clearance between the cabinet and TV screen around 140mm) so I need something with a narrow profile.

Thanks Gasp3621 those subs look great and as you say a real saving. May order the mid range unit and save some money. I'll look again at the Radius 90 speakers to link up with a pair of 45's. Is the Radius 225 centre speaker any good or is there a better alternative. Unfortunately as my TV is in a cabinet there's not a great clearance between the cabinet and TV screen around 140mm) so I need something with a narrow profile.

Can you fit the R200 center? R200 would be slightly better in freq range starting at 60hz as R225 starts at 80hz. There is always compromise to be made with these smaller speakers, also you are paying lot of more for the looks. You can`t wall mount your tv and put Bronze center to top of cabinet and also Bronze1 to stands? They would be step up and even cheaper, still small. Before buying anything, go hear them. If you have to go with R45 on front, maybe i would think something else then.. Cause you may have problem with the sub making it more noticeable. BK goes only to 120hz, then i would buy the SVS SB1000 (24-260 Hz ±3dB) with the small satellites. You would be much happier with bigger speakers on front. Those 45`s would sound very thin.

Thanks Gasp3621 I'm looking at the Radius 90 as you suggested earlier and hoping to see / listen to them in my local RS tomorrow. I'll keep you posted, really appreciate the help

I would suggest the REL T5i sub, especially for music, underpins beautifully when listening at 2.1. For films it can pack a fair old punch for it's smallish size. Really well made and stylish.

I would suggest the REL T5i sub, especially for music, underpins beautifully when listening at 2.1. For films it can pack a fair old punch for it's smallish size. Really well made and stylish.

Yes, Rel makes good subs, but they are little over priced. I think some REL guys went to BK, as you can see many subs are looking same. T5 was good opponent for the Gemini1, but now the Gemini2 has 10" driver with same power, T5 8". T5 @ Amazon.uk costs 450£, the new P12-300SB would eat it alive for cheaper. ;)

Yes, Rel makes good subs, but they are little over priced. I think some REL guys went to BK, as you can see many subs are looking same. T5 was good opponent for the Gemini1, but now the Gemini2 has 10" driver with same power, T5 8". T5 @ Amazon.uk costs 450£, the new P12-300SB would eat it alive for cheaper. ;)
I've had my T5 for five years now, bought with music in mind, doubt if I'll change it unless it dies in the near future.

ive gone for a similar package.

ive orderd the denon avrx2200w with the dali zensor 3 5.1 speaker package for £1199

comes with
dali zensor 3 (pair)
dali zensor 1 (pair)
dali vokol
dali ef9 sub

comes with £150 woth of free cables and 30m speaker wire so pleased with that just got to wait till monday now

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom