1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon confusion DHT 550SD vs Dh 550SD

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Dave Harrison, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Dave Harrison

Dave Harrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Carrying on from my previous post about the Denon 550SD, I have been on their site and thery have the All in one 550SD, but also, the DHT 550Sd - NEW which looks th same as the older AV 770 system, with a separte amp. Huh ? Whats going on ??? Anyone know ? Are Denon getting rid of the all in one (which has just come out) and replacing it witht he old Av 770 set-up ?

Think I will mail Denon....

Ta everyone,

Dave

2. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Dave,

The all in one is the DHT500SD, new one is DHT550SD, 500 is all in one, where as 550 is seperates, the 550 is replacing the 770. I have an email from Denon stating the 770 is being discontinued and replaced with the 550. I emailed Denon as I had decided to buy a 770 but could not find one in stock anywhere. They replied telling me the 770 is being discontinued and will be replaced with 550 and stocks should start to be available next week. If you look at the specs the 550 appears to be near identical to the 770 setup, a couple less connector on the back, slightly smaller, but best of all quite a lot cheaper!!!

3. Dave Harrison

Dave Harrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Magic, thanks for clering this up. I am going mad ! I have found the 500 to be not quite what I want, I feel the 770 / 550 should be better and as separates would give me more flexability. Any idea on cost ?

Thanks again,

Dave

4. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    only on a few webites have the 550listed at the moment as it is not availble yet, unbeatable have it listed at £582.99 http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_22276.html

Providing this is the whole package this is around £200 cheaper than the 770 system :thumbsup:

5. newcomer

newcomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am i correct it the belief that the 550 is PAL and not NTSC, does this mean that it is not muti region :lease:

6. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    As far as I am aware this is PAL by default, got mine from Unbeatable, only have region 2 DVD's so does not bother me, AV Land are advertising the unit with Multi Region though,

Had this unit about a week now and for the price the whole package is fantastic. Have a look a few threads down for more info,