Denon Ceol RCD-N8: Issues streaming from CentOS Plex server

doctorfeelyg

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've recently acquired a Denon CEOL RCD-N8 and am having difficulties getting it to find my server (an HP N40L running CentOS and Plex).

The Denon is connecting to the router fine and was able to stream internet radio and could find my laptop (running a separate plex server under windows 8) but it can't seem to detect the CentOS server in the list of devices. I have updated the firmware to the latest available.

I'm assuming it's an issue with the server's settings or firewall, although my other clients (a samsung TV and a PCH-C200) can find the server just fine.

I just wondered if anyone had run into similar issues with getting the Denon to detect servers/NAS or, conversely, of DLNA Client devices not detecting the DLNA service running on linux installs of Plex.

Any tips much appreciated.

When I had connection issues with my N8 I only solved it by doing a complete reset - P49 in manual. tedious because it loses all settings and you have to start again.

Mine can access twonkymedia on my qnap nas. However I have not been able to get the android or I pad apps to access the music server in order to control the denon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom