Denon Ceol Piccolo and B&W DM684s?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Dave79, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Dave79

Dave79
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

Im thinking of getting the Denon Ceol Piccolo and matching them with B&W DM684 floorstanders.

Would they go well together?

Some reviews say that the B&Ws need lots of power to drive them whilst others say that they are very easy to accommodate and don’t need top end amps to drive them well.

Im keen on the Denon as it has Spotify built and ive been impressed with their AV amps. I don’t really use CDs anymore.

Im somewhat limited in speaker choice, my preferred option is the B&W DM684 then Dali Zensor 7, I can also get hold of Canton and Audio Pro speakers (I live in Sweden). I will import the Denon from the UK or Germany as its over 200 pounds cheaper!

The room they will be in is around 4m x 8m, unfortunately I think they will at one end facing the short width, ive tried listening to my other floorstanders at the same listening distance (about 3m) and it feels like the sound is blending ok.

I listen to a varied music but mainly rock, blues and classical.

I can test the denon with the B&Ws or the Dali range but would need to buy the denon first if I was to test it with any of the Cantons or Audio Pros.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

2. Dave79

Dave79
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone/Bump.

Ive read that you should spend around 3 to 4 times more on speakers than the amp so am I correct in thinking they should be a good companion. I dont really want to spend over £1000 on amp and fronts.

Thanks
    Dave

3. PIEP

PIEP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You have to test this set in shop, if possible: for low vol, it will be ok;
    anyway, in a second time you can change amp
    and ceol will be a second set for your PC,
    holiday house or son's room...