Denon CEOL and Squeezeserver

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by larkone, Feb 23, 2014.

1. larkone

larkone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    I have a Denon Ceol (N8 version) and my music server is a Vortexbox running Squeezeserver. The Ceol streams perfectly from the VB but what I haven't managed to sort yet is anyway to push music to the Ceol (rather than pull). I would like to be able to control the Ceol from my PC or tablets so I can sync it with my other players. Has anybody found a way of doing this please?

2. Cebolla

Cebolla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    As a UPnP/DLNA supporting player/renderer, you should be able to use any UPnP/DLNA controller (aka Digital Media Controller / DMC, aka UPnP/DLNA control point) software to select music files to form a playlist from a UPnP/DLNA server containing the music library and push them to the Ceol. Presumably, your Vortexbox is running a Logitech Media Server version of Squeezeserver, with turning it into a UPnP/DLNA media server via the UPnP plugin. Is that the case?

Luckily, the latest Denon Ceols are some of the few UPnP/DLNA streamers that support gapless playback of lossless music files in push mode (the majority of DLNA streamers only support gapless playback in pull mode). You'll need to use a gapless supporting controller too, if you want to take advantage of this. The BubbleUPnP app for Android devices is an excellent UPnP/DLNA controller and also supports gapless. For Windows PC gapless 'pushing', try the decent free Foobar2000 player application with the free foo_UPnP plugin component (which gives Fb2k UPnP/DLNA support).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014