Question DENON AXR X3600 + Klipsch speakers! Dialogue center channel always not loud enough

Really peeved off about Audyssey, the chances here to have the lounge that quiet and empty are rare! I'm "working" in the loft room, so will remotely turn of Audyssey for now 🥲

I downgraded from the x3600 to the 2300, so I thought the drop in quality/clarity after running it was because of that. I suppose that is a positive... hoping now that the amp hasn't made as much difference as I thought then!
A small part is inevitably going to be down to that, but I am sure that once you have had a successful Audyssey run it will sound a lot better. Don;t forget to experiment with curtaining it off afterwards, I have found that at 500Hz it sounded much more open (even the centre speaker :rotfl: )

No haha I do remember that song... my Auntie would sing it with me when she walked me to school so probably early 80s.
I'm into quite a lot of 80s so surprised I didn't spot the link ;o) Probably more of a Visage/Talk talk/Mick Karn kinda bloke! And lived in NZ for a few years as a child, hence also Landscape/Men at Work/Midnight Oil... list is endless haha ;o)
"Going to school" , ha you cheeky git, rub it in then:p

I was already at work at the time -and it was big in the clubs then!

So what the OP should be aiming for is something like below. A smooth straight line slightly sloping down a few db as per the red line. This example is a perfect result that few of us will ever manage due to room/speaker and correction software limitations

1615388323532.png

I'm going to ask another Audyssey question if that's ok? If not, please tell me where I should post it instead!
I managed to rerun it last night, used slightly wider mic positions and it has worked better (sounds better). The app still shows barely any change, which I didn't understand, so I tried switching Audyssey off and back on. This proved that it has made a massive change, so it is working.
Then, I had the idea to use the amps graph views to see the changes... this works and shows all the corrections.
However, I have a correction issue with the surrounds. The Q300s are almost corner placed, which is not good and have quite a lot of sofa in front (not directly) of them, also not good.
This means that they have mega bass, and Audyssey (below around 90Hz down to 30Hz) needs to peak correction to -9dB. Then they have high frequency problems and the correction goes up to +10dB. But it meets a ceiling, i.e. it needs to correct it more but it can't. Is this the maximum correction range of Audyssey? What can I do to enable it to add more correction dB to the high frequencies as it definitely needs more please?
Any ideas would be welcome. And replacing the surround speakers or moving them is not an option I'm afraid.

I'm going to ask another Audyssey question if that's ok? If not, please tell me where I should post it instead!
I managed to rerun it last night, used slightly wider mic positions and it has worked better (sounds better). The app still shows barely any change, which I didn't understand, so I tried switching Audyssey off and back on. This proved that it has made a massive change, so it is working.
Then, I had the idea to use the amps graph views to see the changes... this works and shows all the corrections.
However, I have a correction issue with the surrounds. The Q300s are almost corner placed, which is not good and have quite a lot of sofa in front (not directly) of them, also not good.
This means that they have mega bass, and Audyssey (below around 90Hz down to 30Hz) needs to peak correction to -9dB. Then they have high frequency problems and the correction goes up to +10dB. But it meets a ceiling, i.e. it needs to correct it more but it can't. Is this the maximum correction range of Audyssey? What can I do to enable it to add more correction dB to the high frequencies as it definitely needs more please?
Any ideas would be welcome. And replacing the surround speakers or moving them is not an option I'm afraid.
Hopefully @dante will be along soon on this one.

I've not really the experience of using the Audyssey app to give you the advice you need, but if wishing to make more specific modifications to the EQ curves then the app is probably the best option open to you.

Thanks @dante01 I can't use the target curve editor, it won't make any difference because the correction reaches a limit at +10dB for the higher frequencies hence raising the target curve makes no difference. Do you know anyone who does have good experience with Audyssey that we could tag please? I don't feel it is worth putting the question on an owner's forum since it's not specific to any receiver model. Thanks again.

Thanks @dante01 I can't use the target curve editor, it won't make any difference because the correction reaches a limit at +10dB for the higher frequencies hence raising the target curve makes no difference. Do you know anyone who does have good experience with Audyssey that we could tag please? I don't feel it is worth putting the question on an owner's forum since it's not specific to any receiver model. Thanks again.
@gibbsy - any ideas please?

Never used the App. That's is beyond my old fart's brain. :rolleyes:
You should give it a go mate - if you can run Audyssey on the AVR, you will be able to run it on the app no problem. Plus it gives you much better tweakability.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom