Question Denon AVRX3500H Sky signal pass through to TV

JafarM

Novice Member
Hi,

I am in the process of setting up my first AVR + 5.1 Home cinema and I have got a issue with Denon's pass through. Signal from Sky box does does get passed through to my TV, however after a few seconds of playing Sky on the TV the signal is lost. I will then have to go and double tap the Sky button on the Sky remote or something like that to regain the signal (pass through).

This is a bit frustrating, is this is a bug or something with Denon?

details -
Denon - AVRX 3500H
Samsung series 6 46" TV

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I am in the process of setting up my first AVR + 5.1 Home cinema and I have got a issue with Denon's pass through. Signal from Sky box does does get passed through to my TV, however after a few seconds of playing Sky on the TV the signal is lost. I will then have to go and double tap the Sky button on the Sky remote or something like that to regain the signal (pass through).

This is a bit frustrating, is this is a bug or something with Denon?

details -
Denon - AVRX 3500H
Samsung series 6 46" TV
Do you have another HDMI cable you could try?

JafarM

Novice Member
Do you have another HDMI cable you could try?

@Nayfne - Thanks for your suggestion, sorry I was out of station and couldn't try this out immediately. I have now tried this and had no luck. I changed HDMIs at both ends and still the same issue. Reading further online, this looks to be a known issue -

Pass through on Denon AVR-3313

Infact I see the below on the denon website, I did this too with further loss of flexibility.

HDMI Control - Standby Pass Through - Signal Loss

Please do let me know what you think.

gibbsy

This sounds very much like a hand shake problem. Connect the Denon to the TV but not to the TVs ARC port. Turn off all ARC and CEC on the TV. Connect the Sky Box to the Denon as normal. In the Sky box set the sound to normal. This may get the circuit to work.

I had hand shake problem with a Denon 2310 receiver and an old Sony LCD. My current Denon X6200 and my Panasonic plasma has a flakey ARC connection which is tempremental to say the least and I've discontinued using it.

You could connect the Sky Box directly to the TV and by optical to the Denon. No loss of sound quality if your box is HD+. Sky Q may be different.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom