Denon AVRX2300 & Samsung MU6400 55" Upscaling Choice

studlywonder

Standard Member
I have both a Denon AVR and a 55" Samsung 4k TV. Both claim to do upscaling to 4k. My question is if I have Sky HD & Xbox One, am I better plugging in these devices to the Denon over HDMI or the TV over HDMI.

Is there a risk of double upscaling or is one better at it than the other? Ultimately there is no big deal in doing it one way or the other. Once I have run all the cable I don't want to have to redo it all to A/B Test. I guess there is not gonna be much difference one way or the other but in my mind, I will be happier!

Hopefully, someone can tell me the best way forward.

dante01

Distinguished Member
It is generally suggested to not scale video using an AV receiver. The TV will automatically scale video to fit its panel withput need to scale it prior to the TV. The scaler included with most if not all AV receivers will be no better than that built into most TVs. You can of cause experiment and decide for yourself which gives the better end result.

dante01

Distinguished Member
No - Experimentation will lead to madness. I want someone to tell me :):):)

Okay then.

You'll need a roll of tinfoil, some lime flavoured jelly and assorted balloons. Undress and go out onto the street. Rub the jelly vigorously all over yourself. Make a hat from the tinfoil and blow up the ballons while wearing it.

Hope this helps?

studlywonder

Standard Member
I won't rule that out... 5 solid hours of A/B testing finite differences - Can't wait to get home!

Does it matter what colour the balloons are?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom