Denon AVRX 540BT or Yamaha RXV483?

solidopc

Novice Member
Which of these two av receiver would you choose if given the choice? I have wharfdale 9.1s at the moment as well as some old Eltax 350 studio pro. But I will leave them off as I will be getting either the wharfdale powercube sub or a yamaha one.

I want the denon one because I like denon. it seems about the same to me for both. but I don't know alot about these things. the yamaha is £50 more than the denon and it's rrp of £450 for the yamaha is a good bit more than the denon. anyone know why? which is the best to hook all my stuff up to through HDMI and build a nice little surround sound gaming setup.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Probably the Yamaha because it is the only receiver of the two to include room EQ correction. The Yamaha is also network enabled to allow you to stream audio to it from a PC or NAS on your home network. THe Yamaha includes Apple Airplay compliance too. It isn't that important, but the Yamaha can also scale lesser resolution video up to 4K while the Denon has no scaling abilities what so ever. The front speaker terminals on the Yamaha are superior posts while all the terminals on the Denon are all inferior clips.

If you were to look at the Denon AVRX1400 instead then that probably would be a better option.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom