• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR4306?? - Too good?

d4_fish

Standard Member
Hi all - quite new to 'proper' homecinema and have managed to accrue some kit over the last few months!

Sony KDL40X2000
B&W 602.5 (Fronts)
B&W LCR60 S3 (Centre)
B&W CWM650 (Rears - In wall)
PS3
Sub - TBD!!!
AV Receiver - TBD!!!

My front room is 4m x 6m and the TV is in a corner (mortal sin!!). I've not decided where to put the in wall rears but I was thinking about the back wall (opposite the TV ~ 6M away).

Qu no1! Is this the right place for the rears?

Qu no2! I'm not sure what AV receiver to go for - seen some cracking deal's on the AVR4306 from Denon (£749) as I like the features and asthetics - is it too high end for my kit?

Qu no3! Was thinking about getting QED Silver anniversary XT - good match? Any recommendations for a sub cable ~ 8m long?

Qu no4! Anyone know where I can get a sub in matching Sorrento finish (think its the B&W ASW600 / 650)

Cheers!!!!

:thumbsup:

tmcg

Established Member
I have a 4306 and am impressed with its performance (for its price) but its been superceded by the 4308 which handles True HD and HDMI 1.3a and upscales to 1080p (hence the deals on the 4306). the amplification is still the same i believe.

I dont think it will outclass your speakers but try and listen first.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom