• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

denon avr4306 HD sound without a DVD3800BD, can it be done?

lip sync

Standard Member
i am hoping to avoid buying a new amp, as i am looking for HD sound.

if anyone out there knows if the new denon bd3800 will decode trueHD and DTS MA and send via the denonlink or of any way i can get HD from a blu ray player in more that 1.5mbs (i am currently looking at the panasonic, using the 7.1 analogue, but i do not know if this will sound any better that pcm over hdmi)

help required. i bought a DVD-3910 to have find a replacement was to be anounced days later. then when i bought the AVR 4306 a week or two later its replacement was anounced. i guess i feel unlucky, and i am looking for some ideas/views on the denon blu ray player, before i buy.

also, does any one out there have a 4306 and run Monitor audio 8's and sfx speakers? mine has always sounded bright, has yours?

thanks

dancoh

Standard Member
The Analogue 7.1 out is the same as pcm over hdmi. Both are decoded by the internal decoder in the player. But it is being converted to pcm over hdmi.

And yes, that is a way to get HD sound from it to your receiver.

And no you cannot send it via denonlink.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom