1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon avr3805 with bose am15 cant get center rear to work please help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nefdawg, Mar 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. nefdawg

nefdawg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just got the denon 3805 and the bose am15 with the 6.1 upgrade and can not get the sound to that cube. i did what the instructions said but i think im doing something wrong. if anybody knows anything about bose and denon please help. i think im using the system setup wrong very confusing.
    also i tryed running speaker wire from the bose to the denon instead of the woofer but it still did not work someone please help.

2. Crazer

Crazer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check your rear speaker is in surround back Left channel. Go into Speaker Setup > Speaker Configuration > surround back 1 speaker. That should do the trick.

If this does not work try another speaker in the surround back position.

Let me know how you get on.

Craig

3. nefdawg

nefdawg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :( I Did What U Said But It Did Not Work. I Put The 3805 On Sb 1 And Tried The Bose Center Rear Cube In The Left Sb Slot. When I Did The Manual Tone Test I Put It On Sb But Could Not Here Anything So I Turned The Denon Up All The Way Then I Heard The Tone But Its Really Low And The Denon Was All The Way Up. I Tryed Another Cube But It Does The Same Thing. You Know How Bose Makes You Connect All The Cubes In The Sub And Then You Run Another Set Of Wires To The Reciver. Well I Tried Running Wire From The Cube To The Denon And It Did The Same Thing So I Think My Reciver Is Not Working Right Because It Only Sends A Low Sig To That Spot. Unless There Is Another Way Around That That You Know. Do You Think The Denon Is Not Working Right? Thanks For Your Help.

4. Crazer

Crazer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok see if this works. Goto page 26 in the manual. 5-1 Setting the power amplifier assignment. Make sure this is set to "surround back". It may be on zone 2 or 3. If that don't work I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Where did you get the amp from? If you bought it from a local supplier I should imagine they will be more than happy to help you out.

5. nefdawg

nefdawg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your help. but it still did not work I think its the port. it just does not send a strong sig to the cube. I will try to call denon tech support. well this sucks because Im in korea and for me to send the reciver back to the states would be like $350 or more. DAMN!!! well it works with 5.1 so thats ok for now. I will get another reciver in a few months. thanks for your help.