1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR3805 Questions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tim_UK, Nov 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Tim_UK

Tim_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting a Denon AVR3805 amp this christmas to replace my ageing sony str930 amp and have a couple of questions I'd be grateful if any existing owners could help with:

i) I want to use the "delay" feature to correct lip-synch problems - is this usable on analogue inputs (eg from my sky box or vid recorder) or is it only usable on digital inputs.

ii) I see it comes with a flashy learnable remote but I would like to control at least the main controls with my Pronto remote - I assume this will be OK and the denon doesn't use any unusual i/r signalling.

Thanks for any help with this.
    Tim.

2. richardS

richardS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tim - I have/had almost identical setup to you (upgrading from STR930) - just to say, well worth the money...the 3805 is so far ahead of the Sony (which was always reviewed in it's day as "brilliant").

I can't answer for the delay feature as I don't use a plasman - I project.

As for the Pronto - I have one and it works fine with the Denon. I downloaded a couple of setups from http://www.remotecentral.com/ for the denon - with all the correct codes - and use the pronto on a "one button does all" - where by my Denon DVD is put in play mode, the Denon Amp is switched on and switched to the correct input, the projector is switched on, the screen comes down and the lights dim progressively - to eventually turn off after 30 secs...

So what I'm saying is that I don't really use the denon remote as the pronto does so much.