1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR3802 - set up via panny tuner box

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by AV novice, Feb 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. AV novice

AV novice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please help me (I spent 2 hours on this last night and gave up in the end!!!)...

I recently managed to access my Denon on screen set up menu via an S-Video to Scart lead connected to my panny plasma tuner box. However, some days have passed and I can't seem to remember how I did it (typical!).

Last night I connected the scart from my panny tuner box to the 'monitor' scart socket on the AVR. I cycled through the scart connection inputs using the plasma tuner and nothing happened. I am sure this is how I did it before. I can't work out where I am going wrong.

I also stripped out all of the other connections from the panny tuner box so all that I had going in was plasma monitor and scart which was connected to the AVR. Again nothing happened.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Should just be a case of having an S-Video to Scart lead from the Denons Monitor Out (S-Video) to the Input of the Plasma. Then make sure the Remote of the Denon is set to AMP and press the SETUP button to display the OSD.

3. AV novice

AV novice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. The only problem is that I can't connect direct to the plasma as it doesn't have a scart socket - I have to connect via the tuner box.

I think the problem might have been that the Denon was not set to AMP. Silly question, but I presume I select AMP using the knob on the front left of the Denon. Can you confirm this?

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Its the Remote Control that needs to be set to AMP. Just press the AMP button on it and AMP should appear in the little display. Then the SETUP button will work.

5. AV novice

AV novice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the tips. I will try it out tonight.:)

6. AV novice

AV novice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jase - are you there???

At the risk of sounding stupid - there is no AMP button on my AVR3802 remote. Any ideas?

Many thanks

7. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Sent you a PM!:)

Sorry, giving you duff info, its the RECEIVER button. Its the AMP button on my remote!:blush: