1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR3801 any adv over new Yamaha AX620?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tfraser, Jul 24, 2001.

Tags:
  1. tfraser

tfraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'm about to go for the Yamaha.

Has anyone auditioned both recently? and can comment on the SOUND quality?

Many Thanks for any comments.

2. tfraser

tfraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry I should be comparing the Denon 1801 about £340 against the Yam 620 around £310

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    I had the Denon 3801 (still do but i´ve upgraded) and its an excellent receiver, youve got all the latest formats DTS-ES etc, sound quality is fantastic. Theres also lots of flexibility in terms of speaker setup, delay times etc which i dont think there is on the Yamaha (correct me anyone)

All the magazines rate it very highly indeed.

I havent heard the Yamaha though so its down to you. Pricewise the Denon can be had for around 600 quid which makes it a bargain.

Good luck!!

cheers

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a Yamaha DSP-A2 and changed to a 3801 for the DTS-ES etc. The ease of use and set up is much better on the 3801. Also Music is far superior on the 3801. Hurry because the 3801 has now been discontinued !!!

Dean

5. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes that's a more fair comparison.
    The 3801 is a much more higher end amp than the yammy 620.it's nearly twice as expensive. If you're looking for a ES/EX capabel Amp than the 3801 is your choice.
    The 3801 should be compared to the yammy RXV 1000 and 3000.

If you're looking for the best in the 300GBP price range...i suggest you checkout besides the denon 1801 and the yammy 620 also the Sony 940 QS and the new Onkyo 595 with DPL2.
    The onkyo is esspecially interesting ..if the DPL2 works well..you can now also enjoy 5.1 surround sound when you watch videos and normal TV programs.