1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR3300 reliable ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SimonSays, May 16, 2001.

Tags:
  1. SimonSays

SimonSays

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Bought AVR3300 this time last year. Had it replaced twice because of overheating problems (apparantly this was a bad batch). Now, an otherwise happy year on, the cooling fan appears to have stopped working and it cuts out. It's still under guarantee :) but then there's all the hassle of disconnecting, taking in for repair etc :mad:
    Denon were polite but otherwise unhelpful when I asked questions like 'what happens when it breaks down again outside the guarantee ?'
    The dealer, SevenOaks HiFi, are happy to repair it (approx 3 weeks) but can't offer a temp replacement in the meantime.

Anyone have any similar or happier experiences with this AV amplifier ? Would you expect more from the place that you bought it from ? Any other thoughts (or sympathy ?! :D )

Thanks,
    Simon.

2. William Shin

William Shin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear your trobles, Simon.
    I read several complaints concerning the overheat problem of the AVR3300 on forums.
    I bought mine last June, and since then I haven't had any single problem with this amp.
    Even three or four hour non-stop running it just gets reasonably warm, that's all.
    Personally I think this amp is superb.

Unluckily you met a wrong batch, and surely you must ask for a replacement while under the guarantee.

Cheers,

3. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I've got one as well, and I've had no problems at all, although I did buy mine after Denon's "bad batch" problems, when the model was just about to be replaced by the 3801. I think it's a fantastic amp, and at the moment would only consider replacing it with the 3801, cos it's the only one in my price range - I'm saving up for a TAG AV32R, with the DVD player to go with it!

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a denon 3300 for 4 mths (?) and I get those creaks. I am fairly certain it is the amp. At first i thought perhaps my shelves were creaking, or the pioneer dvd was creaking, but I'm convinced it is the amp. I hear them when it is warming up and cooling down. Don't know what to do about it. During a film I would hear maybe 4 creaks... Any advice?