Denon AVR2807 - Will it fit my needs?

N

Nat_H

:hiya:

Hi all,

Have noticed recently that I have really neglected my home cinema set up, and I need some advice on what to purchase, and seeing the amount and depth of knowledge here, I thought this would be a good start.

I have just bought the Panasonic Viera TH42PX600B, price matched at JL of course,:smashin: but yet to hang it until I have finished my decorating, so that's the screen taken care of, and I already have the B & W 600 series 3 speakers:) but what amp should I purchase? Btw, my current amp is the Marantz 6200.

Unfortunately I have "Blockbuster" syndrome, where there is just to much choice, and I cant make a decision. (and I am the sort of person to leave the Blockbusters without a DVD doh!)

My prereqs are :

It must have HDMI switching
Multi Channel Input
At least 4 digital inputs
Minimum of 4 S-Video inputs

Not to much eh? ;)

I have a short-list, but covers quite a broad price range, £200 - £800.

The short list contains, from low to high price range

Sony STRDG700 - £200 - seems to do most things, cheap and cheerful.

Pioneer VSX2016 - £600 - Good amp, and lots of connections

or the

Denon AVR2706 - £650 / £800 - Everything a man could need and my personal favourite

There is quite a significant price increase from top to bottom, but I am not afraid to pay if it really is that good.

Please would it be possible for you guys to cast your opinions on what amp will suit my existing setup, and really bring the most out of my speakers. I tend to watch a lot of action type dvds and spend a fair amount of time playing days etc... I will only be using the amp for music for >10% of the time.

Thanks

:lease:

Nat.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
You might have got a better repsonse if you had titled your thread correctly. I assume you are talking about the Denon AVR2807 and not the AVR2706 which does not exist.

N

Nat_H

Retitled to avoid confusion.

Sorry for my poor start to this forum.

But I still need your feedback please....

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom