• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR1912 vs Pioneer VSX921 vs SONY STRDH820 + Apple TV

jonhklee

Standard Member
Hi there

I'm a newbie to the forum, and would be grateful for some advice and general opinion.

I am in the process of upgrading my AVR for my home cinema; current setup is;
1. Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 speakers
2. Samsung BDC6900 BRP with multi-analogue out to an old Kenwood krf5060D AVR
3. Hitachi PJTX300 720p Projector

At present time, the BDP is decoding HD audio sending it via multi-channel to multi-analogue IN to Amp. The Samsung BDP have no separate speaker volume adjustment or proper bass management.

I understand the bass management is poor with the setup I have at the moment, hence the desire to upgrade the AVR to improve soundstage.
Will I be able to get a definite improvement with sounds via a new AVR??

My criteria for AVR will be:
1. 7.1 output, so I can add two front speakers at a later stage
2. Some form of Airplay for iOSs
3. Good cinema sounds most important
4. Auto speaker calibration

Video upscaling not so important as BDP does a good job of it with DVDs and I have no analogue video inputs. besides my projector is only 720p native resolution (next upgrade will be 1080p projector)

Question is..... which AVR out of the lists in the title would best suit my needs? My budget is around £350.

Look forward to all your help.....

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom